Wednesday, October 15, 2014

NRA A-Rated Politicians Take Money From Gun Control Group

Vermont State Senator Jean White, who has three consecutive A-ratings from the National Rifle Association, recently took money from a powerful anti-gun group in Vermont. Other top rated politicians in Vermont have also received smaller contributions from the group, Vermont Gun Sense.

“I did take their contribution because I do basically support their position,” White said. “What I told them is that I do support some level of background checks.”

White accepted $500 from the “gun sense” group. Three NRA A-rated senators received $300 donations, and two received $100. A third, Jim Moran (D – Wardsboro) said he refused the money.

Vermont Gun Sense is a well-funded anti-gun organization that supports universal background checks and other restrictions on guns sold in Vermont. It has reportedly hired the most powerful lobbyists in Vermont and was the third largest spender on lobbyists for the last quarter.

White said that the NRA hasn’t asked her about her support for gun control or her donation from Vermont Gun Sense.

“I didn’t ask them for their endorsement, but they gave it to me,” she said. “I don’t know if they’ll give it to me in the general election again because of my affiliation with Gun Sense.”

White also said that she has never filled out the NRA’s questionnaire, but received their endorsement for her work on hunters’ rights.

Vermont is one of six states with a constitutional carry law.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know when or how the NRA was compromised, but I've had a bad feeling about them for a few years now. They've gone to the darkside.

    ReplyDelete